What can I say? I like doing nerdy things, thinking about nerdy things, and more.
When I was little, I once got in trouble for being on the computer at 3am for the third time that week. Out of frustration, my mom took apart the entire computer so I wouldn’t get on it–unfortunately for her, I was the only one who knew how to put it back together. A few days later, she asked me to put it back together. Two weeks later, I got bored and put it back together, got right back to work, and haven’t quit since.
I still enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together. Some of the things I do and think way too hard about (in no particular order) include:
- Design systems and how to make accessibility sexy.
- Taking Lupita (my bestest doggo) to the dog park.
- Types. All the types. Strong type all the things.
- How to empower developers to ship reliable code without entering build/environment hell.
- How do I make things that are delicious that don’t wreck my metabolism.
- The meaning of data and how to leverage math for principled data reuse.
- Why Software Engineering hasn’t solved Large Scale Composition yet.
- Communication is really hard, especially for abstract ideas; how do I communicate more effectively?
- Ditto for expression of concepts and ideas in a reusable way.
- What makes learning and memory tick and how do we make it tick better.
- How can I improve the ergonomics and quality of life of others around me?